Topic: bash ‘vim mode’ and general discussion
Physical location: Strathcona County Public Library, Maple Room; 401 Festival Lane Sherwood Park
Virtual location: meet.elug.rocks/23Nov2023
The Edmonton Linux User Group (ELUG) is a chance to get together with other users of Linux, GNU, and Unix-like operating systems, and open source software. Our members range from newcomers to power users to seasoned administrators and developers; so, all are welcome!
We meet as an opportunity to exchange ideas, knowledge, and experiences for several reasons:
- to educate for personal and professional growth
- to promote and advocate for free and open source software
- to support and assist with Linux related challenges
- and to socialize with peers who have common interests
Meetings are held virtually, and now that the pandemic has become endemic, we have begun to meet in person again as well, usually at Strathcona County Public Library.
We would like to find a more centrally-located and technologically equipped venue within Edmonton proper for the monthly meetings. If you know of a location or have space to offer, please let us know! (Contact info below)
6:00pm – Arrival, random chitchat
6:30pm – Welcome & introductions, topic discussion begins
7:30pm – Announcements, open discussion
8:00pm – Event conclusion
Examples of topics that may be discussed or presented include (but not limited to):
- Exposure to different distributions
- Workshops on various tools and commands
- Applications, development and tuning
- just about anything else Linux-related
We welcome anyone with an interest in Linux and/or open source software and look forward to building the Linux community in Edmonton.