The Edmonton Linux User Group (ELUG) Meetup is a chance to get together with other users of Linux, GNU, and Unix-like operating systems, and open source software. Our members range from newcomers to power users to seasoned administrators and developers; so, all are welcome!
We meet as an opportunity to exchange ideas, knowledge, and experiences for several reasons:
– to educate for personal and professional growth
– to promote and advocate for the free and open source movement
– to support and assist with Linux-related challenges
– and to socialize with peers who have a common interest
Examples of topics that may be discussed or presented include (but not limited to):
– Exposure to different distributions
– Workshops on various tools and commands
– User-level and system-level development and tuning
– just about anything else Linux-related
We welcome anyone with an interest in Linux and/or open source software and look forward to building the Linux community in Edmonton.
6:00pm – Arrival, mingling, setting up techno-stuff
6:30pm – Welcome & introductions, presentation begins
7:30pm – Announcements, open discussions
8:00pm – Event conclusion (officially, but we usually hang around for as long as we feel like)