Topic: regular expressions
RSVP to the Startup Edmonton ELUG event: https://www.meetup.com/startupedmonton/events/ltgwcsyccdbhc/
Regular expressions are some of the most versatile and helpful tools. This function can be used in tools like grep, awk and others. Rob will provide us with a tour through its functionality and show its usefulness in tonight’s meeting.
The Edmonton Linux User Group (ELUG) is a chance to get together with other users of Linux, GNU, and Unix-like operating systems, and open source software. Our members range from newcomers to power users to seasoned administrators and developers; so, all are welcome!
We meet as an opportunity to exchange ideas, knowledge, and experiences for several reasons:
– to educate for personal and professional growth
– to promote and advocate for the free and open source movement
– to support and assist with Linux related challenges
– and to socialize with peers who have a common interest
Examples of topics that may be discussed or presented include (but not limited to):
– Exposure to different distributions
– Workshops on various tools and commands
– Kernel and system-level development and tuning
– just about anything else Linux-related
We welcome anyone with an interest in Linux and/or open source software and look forward to building the Linux community in Edmonton.
6:00pm – Arrival, mingling
6:30pm – Welcome & introductions, presentation begins
7:30pm – Announcements, open discussions
8:00pm – Event conclusion (officially, but we usually hang around for as long as we feel like it after)
If you would like to help with the operations of this group, or even just make suggestions, please contact Robert Salomons or Manuel Eller or David Laycock.